Thursday 19 March 2015

Most expensive Bubur Kacang Hijau Durian I have made

Date: 18 March 2015

We bought durian at Lulu Hypermarket which costs us nearly 70 Riyal for 1 Durian. Bought that durian because Faiq wanted to eat durian so badly. Opened it up and to our disappointment, the durian is too young and unriped. Faiq tasted 1 small part of the durian and do not want to eat anymore. So, I decided to turn the durian into a bubur kacang hijau durian. 


The recipe:
Kacang Hijau (Green Bean) - soaked for 1 night - I used 1 small pack
Brown sugar - according to taste - I used half cup
White Sugar - half cup
Gula Melaka - 1 full gula melaka (I got this from my neighbour)
Coconut Milk - 1 whole tin of 400ml
Water
Durian
3 slices of ginger


Method used:
1. Cook the green bean with water and 3 slices of ginger for 1 hour or until cooked
2. Pour in brown sugar, white sugar, gula melaka, coconut milk and cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Add durian



This is how the bubur looks like.  














No comments:

Post a Comment