Thursday 12 February 2015

Our Home in Saudi

Since yesterday I have blogged about the nice houses around Royal Commission Area, for a twist today I want to blog about the place where I stay.

Here in Jubail, my husband rented an apartment located at Jubail Ballat area. It is about 30 mins away from the Royal comission area but 20 mins away from Jubail Industrial Area where my husband work. Located around 10 minutes drive from Jubail town city center, our house has very strategic location with critical amenies such as panda, laundry shop, pizza and groceries shop, mobily mobile shop is just downstairs - within our reach. They call this area Water tank area because there is a very big water tank nearby ( I have not spotted it yet, but that's what all my friends here told me). 

It is a nice decent apartment with 3 Rooms + 2 washrooms + dining area. Our apartment is located at the second floor (top most floor before the roof top). There are 3 houses on each floors (first and second floor) except the ground floor which has only 1 big house - rented by malaysian singles whom do not bring their family to Saudi. 

All houses are occupied by Malaysian citizen and we are lucky that our neighbours are very nice, friendly, understanding with the noisiness of kids playing/running around. All 7 houses are occupied by Malaysian- 5 by malaysian families whilst the other 2 by Malaysian single men.

For now, I am enjoying my life living in a Malaysianised apartment. After all, i never had chance to live in an apartment before as my house in Semenyih is a Semi-D and my mom houses are all a landed property items. 

I will blog about the surrounding area around my house later. Enjoy the pictures! 






 The living room at our small crib. Haha it is still "empty" with no carpet and with minimal furniture that my husband has bought a few weeks back before we came to Saudi. Notice the crack on the floor due to tile expansion during the winter time. We plan to cover up with carpet when the floor is fixed by our landlord later.

In saudi, all houses are compartmentalised into a sections for men only and also section for the women and family only. This living area which supposedly for men only area has a washroom nearby it. The compartmentalising  is practised practically everywhere at restaurants, shopping malls and even at the beach. Alhamdulillah since our apartment is filled by only Malaysian, so we do not really practise such segregation - only during makan2 events that we do that. We live like normal malaysian people do without having to wear abaya outside our homes similar to life in  our home country Malaysia. I will blog about this segregation practise later.

Roof top is converted into children's playing area. There are sofa sets placed, barbeque set to cook up and lepak-lepak. Also a wide blank space for the children to play and run around.




There is a mosque very near our house just across the street. Where most men pray 'berjemaah' every single time 5 times a day. I think there are about 3 mosques nearby as I can clearly hear their Athan and call for solat berjemaah 5 times a day, everyday.




 First floor area - they put used sofa here as well for families to mingle around.


This is outside my floor (2nd floor) - where there are a few exercise equipment placed along the hallway. Haha so far I have never seen anybody using them. Well, at least it is there and people can use easily when the need arise.



Sofa near entrance Door at stairs area at Ground Floor.


More sofa just beside the entrance door for those waiting for drivers pick up, mommy's waiting for their children after school or just as a place for chilling out. Also spotted some plants being grown there by my neighbours.


 One of the room in our house being converted to Faiq's play area and also place for him to sleep. We placed children's xbox, toys and books in this room. Some of my childrens' friends came here in the evening to play.







This is the roof top area - a wide blank space for our children to play.










At the entrance door from the inside





At the entrance door from the outside.


















2 comments:

  1. Thank you Aunty 'white' a.k.a Aunty Uteh. The children are comey as always

    ReplyDelete