Tuesday 14 April 2015

Ikan Terubuk Masin hancur

Date : 7 March 2015

My parents sent us parcel full off malaysian food. Amongst the food is ikan terubuk masin i.e salted 'Terubuk' fish which is widely available in Bintulu, Sarawak. I am lucky because my parents are currently living in Sarawak so I get to taste the fish.


Salted 'Terubuk' Fish

Tried to cook the simplest salted fish dish whereby I saute onion + red bird chili + the fish. 

BUT 

it turned out to be a cooking disaster. I cut the fish too small. The terubuk masin fish is not the type of dried salted fish so when I cut the fish into small sizes plus the fish got a lot of small sized bones. Cutting the fish had amplified the amount of small bones in the dish. And my hubby nearly choked of the fish bones several time. ( Sorry cayang... )


So, I've learnt now that to cook terubuk masin dish, we have to cook the fish as a whole. It's a crucial tips to everyone out there. If not you will run the risk of DYING opss... choking hehe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment