Monday 20 April 2015

My 1st children haircut in Saudi

Date: 7 April 2015


After more than 2 months staying in Saudi, my children's hair had grown long. So, it's time for their new haircut. We have surveyed a children's barber shop but the one that we have found out is in Al-Khobar. There was too many children waiting at the time when we were there and it was almost Maghrib praying time so the shop is closing for prayer time.  


Having no choice, since my children's hair are too long and their fringe had covered their eyes, I had to bring them for haircut somewhere in Jubail instead where it is nearer to our living area and as long as the hair is cut. 


There's a barber shop situated at the shop lot underneath our compound area. So, at around 10 am, I brought both of my children to the shop. It is a rather simple barber shop to me with 3 barbers mending the shop (at the point I came which is off peach hour). From their look I am guessing that the 3 barbers are from India. Only one of them can speak English or understands English which is the supervisor. The other 2 barbers are basically following the supervisor's instruction which send shivers to my spine. What will happen if they cut my children's hair wrongly? Or the supervisor interpreted my instruction differently.


2 barbers cut my children's hair simultaneously, so I had quite a challenge to monitor both barbers. Baby's hair needed just a minor trimming at her fringe but Faiq's was a major hair cut. Juggling to monitor both hair being cut is not easy. Whilst trying to give instruction on baby's haircut I have to really closely monitor so as the other barber do not chop or balded all Faiq's hair. 


My instuction for Faiq's hair was.. "make it like Korean hair style.. do you know korean hairstyle?" ... not too short ah...." make sure not to cut around the ear or my son will look ugly"  But it turned out to be like 'tempurung' kind of hairstyle with a bit of twist. We were charged 40 Riyal for my children's haircut. Haish..whatever lah as long as their hair has been cut and not bordering their sight. 


Here are some pictures on the experience.


The children's barber shop in Al-Khobar near IKEA. It charges 25 riyal per children


The exterior of the shop that we went in Jubail near our house




Inside of the barber shop



Baby's Hair cutting process













Faiq's hair cutting process












Final look of Faiq's haircut



Final look of baby's haircut



No comments:

Post a Comment