Monday 20 April 2015

My very first Meal in Saudi - Chicken Mandy Rice

This is actually among the earlier posts that I have drafted but have yet to publish since my early blogging date. This is actually my very first meal that I had in January for my  lunch. It is chicken Mandy rice. They do not serve salatah nor yogurt nor soup nor gravy nor salsa sauce as complementary with the dish so it's a bit dry but the rice and chicken are tasty.


Normally for take away in Saudi, they will provide a very big plastic throw to be used as a tray. Saudian will then pour the whole food onto the plastic. The portion is super big that even after myself and hubby ate this, there are leftover for one more person. I wonder how those Saudi able to finish up such big food portion - wow they really have big appetite man.


Back to my first dish, since making gravy or soup will take sometime plus I am still tired due to the long flight hours; I have blended a simple 'sambal belacan' to eat with the dish. Haha our melayu taste still maintain mehh as we needed sambal belacan to complete our meal. 


# My parents asked me to learn Saudian cooking method and also their recipe but how do I get to learn their techniques if I do not have any chance (yet) to be friend with any Saudian lady. They do not normally mingle with other people and stayed in their home apart from going out shopping. Will update whenever I get to have the opportunity to learn from any Saudian ladies ok!







No comments:

Post a Comment